Writing Workshops and Events
Check back often to learn more about writing, self-publishing, and marketing a book or Click Here to Subscribe to get all of the latest tips.
Live Writing and Publishing Workshops
How to Write a Memoir
Have you always dreamed of writing a memoir? Do you know how it’s different from an autobiography? Find out how you can write a story that resonates with readers, whether it’s for your family or a wider audience. You’ll also learn about self-publishing a book and how to sell it online on websites, such as Amazon and Barnes and Noble. This course will take you on a tour of writing, editing, pricing, publishing, and marketing your memoir, plus a whole lot more. You will leave with a solid understanding of how to construct your message and craft it into a book.
Monday, May 8, 2017
George Wilson Community Center
303 New London Rd.
Newark, DE 19711
$32 City of Newark residents/$47 Non-residents
Find registration details in the City of Newark’s Parks and Rec activity catalog www.cityofnewarkde.us/play or call 302-366-7000.Online Writing Courses
FREE 14-Day Writing Challenge
Expand your creativity, break through the clutter, and find your voice
What you receive as part of this Challenge:
- 14-daily emails with writing and creative exercises to challenge the way you think and how you see the world around you on the journey to becoming a better writer
- Inspiration from writers and other creative thinkers
- A closed Facebook group with other course attendees to share your experiences about the exercises
You would benefit from this course if you:
- Are new to writing
- Are exploring a new style of writing
- Are experiencing writer’s block
- Are stuck in your writing project
- Want to think more creatively
- Want to really experience seeing, hearing, and feeling your surroundings
- Want to use writing as a tool to think more creatively at work
- Want to jump start writing a book
I WANT TO BE MORE CREATIVE!
What to expect:
Each exercise is designed to take about 30 minutes. While participation in the Facebook group is not required, it is highly recommended to read and comment to get the most out of the course. You are not expected to share your writing with the group, but your experience with the exercise is valuable for all participants.
By the end of the course, you will be armed with techniques to create pop-off the-page characters, settings, and story ideas as well as topics and framework to write non-fiction titles. You will look at and experience your world differently and trust that your mind will expand to find the creative solution required.
Because the exercise is delivered right to your inbox, it is ready when you are. You can write at a time that fits your schedule.
It’s only 14 days and it’s FREE! Today is SOMEDAY!
Want to stay informed about our live events?
Attention event organizers! Are you looking for a dynamic speaker or workshop presenter for your next conference or event? Contact me to speak at your writing conference, book fair, critique group, or next business or service meeting!
Need more info? Download my speaker one-sheet here.